Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Tierneys online Gift Shop.
Tierneys Gifts Ltd is an Irish owned company and the Tierney family have been in the gift business since 1951. We carry a fantastic range of gifts & jewellery and many leading brands.
We will be delighted to wrap your purchase and enter a gift message for the recipient.
If you have any suggestions or comments on how we can improve our web site or any products which you would like us to include, we would appreciate your comments.
Our Contact details:
Tierneys Gifts Ltd.
72 Lower Georges Street, Dunlaoghaire, Co. Dublin A96 RR62
Phone: +353 1 2801417
VAT Reg: IE8L68451K
Company Reg Number: 036074
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept card payments. If you are shopping from North America or anywhere else, place your order and your card company will convert the transaction to US Dollars or your own currency.
We accept PayPal, Visa and MasterCard payments. If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, contact a member of our service team and we will correct the mistake.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason outside of our control. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling
We offer special delivery charges to our online customers.
- Ireland FREE Nationwide delivery on orders over €59 (€5.95 charge if order value under €50).
- Great Britain - (Only €15)
- Europe - (From €15)
- USA - (From €20)
- Rest of the World - (From €25)
Please note that items which are sold online will only be delivered to the address specified on the order, unless the ‘Click & Collect’ option is chosen.
Orders will be dispatched to you within 3-5 working days of receipt of order. Irish orders are generally received in 3-5 working days from dispatch. International orders are generally received in 7-10 days from date of dispatch. You will be advised of any delay due to out of stock items.
Although Tierneys stock the most comprehensive range of gifts in Ireland, products are subject to availability and delays may sometimes occur that are outside our control. You will be contacted by email or telephone concerning any item we are unable to dispatch within 3 days.
If you have more than one item in your basket, your items may be part-shipped to ensure your products arive as quickly as possible. For out of stock items on back-order, there will be no additional delivery charges.
Value added tax (VAT) is included in the prices of goods supplied to Ireland and the European Union . Goods sent to alll other non EU countries are VAT free and VAT (23%) will be deducted at checkout.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
At Tierneys Gifts we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us.
Our "no quibble" guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with any purchase, you can return it to us, in its original condition and packaging within 30 days. We guarantee your satisfaction.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, alternatively, you can call on +353 1 2801417 or fax us on +353 1 2801547 or write to us at Tierneys Gift Company, Mail Order Department, 72 Lower Georges Street, Dunlaoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland A96RR62
- The promoter is: Tierneys Gifts Ltd whose registered office is at 72 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire.
- Employees of Tierneys Gifts Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competitions or helping to set up the competitions shall not be permitted to enter the competitions.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter these competitions.
- To be included in the free prize draw, customers need to Like ‘Tierneys Gifts’ on facebook and share the post on their timeline.
- Closing dates will be specified on Facebook for each competition. After the specified date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize for each competition will be specified on Facebook.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- The winner will be notified by facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We respect and take our customer's privacy very seriously. Tierney & Co do not disclose your personal information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
You may, from time to time, receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If, for any reason, you are unsure about the personal details and account information we are holding in your name, please contact our customer service team and we will happily review your file and update your records if required.
To understand what cookies we use please click here
At Tierneys Gifts we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us.
Our "no quibble" guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with any purchase, you can return it to us, in its original condition and packaging within 30 days. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Unfortunately earrings cannot be exchanged for hygiene reasons, this does not affect your statutory rights.
We will offer you a replacement or full refund for the price paid for the item. We cannot refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. Any goods returned should be in saleable condition.
This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or incorrectly described. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you and details of the defect and a member of our service team will contact you directly.
When returning an item please wrap it securely, using the manufacturer's original packaging, and remember to enclose a copy of the delivery note.
None of these terms affect your statutory rights and these are not diminished in any way. Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.